[msmtp-users] Fwd: SMTP Authorization

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Claude Sutton <cssutton45@...20...>
Date: Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:00 AM
Subject: SMTP Authorization
To: msmtp-users@...242...forge.net

Within the past week, authorization has been refused.

I am running mutt on a ubuntu 10.4, a Cradlepoint MBR1000 router with a Hauwei EC168 air card sold to me by Alltel which is now Verizon.  Dynamic DNS.

My msmtprc is:

defaults

logfile ~/.msmtp.log

account suttonmachine
host smtp.suttonmachine.com
from claudesutton@...239...
auth on
user claudesutton@...239...
password xxxxxxxx

account default : suttonmachine

This has worked perfectly for years until last week.

suttonmachine.com is my domain name at icondesign.com

Typical error message in an attempt to send to my ISP:

msmtp: recipient address matt@...240... not accepted by the server
msmtp: server message: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [98.104.218.192] blocked using
zen.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=98.104.218.192
msmtp: could not send mail (account suttonmachine from /home/claude69694/.msmtprc)

msmtp --version:

claude69694@...241...:~$ msmtp --version
msmtp version 1.4.19
TLS/SSL library: GnuTLS
Authentication library: GNU SASL
Supported authentication methods:
plain cram-md5 digest-md5 gssapi external login ntlm
IDN support: enabled
NLS: enabled, LOCALEDIR is /usr/share/locale
Keyring support: none
System configuration file name: /etc/msmtprc
User configuration file name: /home/claude69694/.msmtprc

Help would be appreciated.  As you see, I am forced to gmail to work through this.

CSSJR