Re: [msmtp-users] Install problems

Hi Andreas!

On 08/07/10 19:05, Andreas Siegenthaler wrote:
> Step two
> I "chmod" with -R the directory msmtp-1.4.21 to 777

This is unnecessary and most probably not what you want. Do you really
want to give every user all rights to this directory and the files in there?

> Step three
> I changed to root/msmtp-1.4.21 with "cd"
>
> Step four
> I typed ./configure
>
> Last part oft he results:
>
> [...]

So far everything is fine.

> Step five
> I typed "make check" and at the end of the report I saw the following
> errors:

There is no "check" target in the Makefile. You probably want "make
install" to build the software and then install it. See also the
instructions in the INSTALL file.

Martin