[msmtp-users] Secure emacs send

Hi

I was wondering if there was a way to specify an account password at the command line when running msmtp?

When sending email from emacs (v23 on Windows XP) I have my account set up in a file msmtprc.txt

emacs lets me add the string

-a account

to the sendmail program, and everything works great. But the only way to get the password to msmtp seems to be to have it in the config file, which is not on a secure system.

I can write code in emacs to have it query the user for a password once per session and store it for passing to msmtp, but since I can't pass it on the command line, unless I'm wrong, I need another way.

The only solution I've come up with otherwise is to search the config file for the specified account, query for the password, then write the new config file out. This would work but is a big security risk, since the user has to remember to remove the password from the file. Even if it was automated it could still fail.

justinhj