Re: [msmtp-users] Redundant entries in .msmtprc for mutt

On Sun, 17. May 2009, 22:59:09 +0000, Joseph LP wrote:
> I have redundant entries for host,port,protocol,auth,tls etc. in my .msmtprc
> (for different account names on the same smtp server)
>
> I've tried removing the extra entries, and account titles, with changes made to
> mutt's sendmail command to include only 'from' and 'user.' This does not appear
> to work with mutt, apparently not sourcing the tls_ bits.
>
> Can this be done, or will each account's settings need to be kept separate?

You can set defaults, and you can inherit settings from other accounts,
like this:

# Example for a user configuration file

# Set default values for all following accounts.
defaults
tls on
tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
logfile ~/.msmtp.log

# A freemail service
account freemail
host smtp.freemail.example
from joe_smith@...200...
auth on
user joe.smith
password secret

# A second mail address at the same freemail service
account freemail2 : freemail
from joey@...200...
user joey
password abcde

The defaults will be used for all following accounts, and the account
'freemail2' inherits all settings from 'freemail' and changes only a
few.

Martin