Re: [msmtp-users] root system emails

Hello Marcin!

On Fri, 15. May 2009, 12:23:21 +0200, Marcin Szewczyk, Wodny wrote:
> would You be willing to accept a patch implementing redirection of local
> mail to a MDA?

Yes, I would :)

> The idea is to detect if an email is local in a way postfix does it -
> comparing the domain to the "mydestination" setting. Recipients without
> the "@" sign would be considered local as well.

Sounds ok to me. So one would need a config option similar to
'mydestination', a config option to specify the MDA command to use, and
perhaps a third one to switch local deliveries on or off (although e.g.
an empty MDA option could also switch local deliveries off)

> The redirection to a MDA code would be based on esmtp.

Fine with me. You could also have a look at mpop (mpop.sf.net): it
already includes portable code to pipe to an MDA, and since it already
shares much code with msmtp, the code in question might be easier to
integrate.

Regards,
Martin