[msmtp-users] MSMTP hangs when connecting to Gmail

Hello,

I am running msmtp version 1.4.16 and have recently started having problems when sending emails. When I run it via command line I get: [root@...188... etc]# /usr/local/bin/msmtp -t -C /opt/rt3/etc/ msmtp_wrapper.conf --tls-certcheck=off -d test@...32...
test test

ignoring system configuration file /usr/local/etc/msmtprc: No such file or directory
loaded user configuration file /opt/rt3/etc/msmtp_wrapper.conf
using account default from /opt/rt3/etc/msmtp_wrapper.conf
host                  = smtp.gmail.com
port                  = 587
timeout               = off
protocol              = smtp
domain                = localhost
auth                  = choose
user                  = helpdesk@...187...
password              = *
ntlmdomain            = (not set)
tls                   = on
tls_starttls          = on
tls_trust_file        = (not set)
tls_crl_file          = (not set)
tls_key_file          = (not set)
tls_cert_file         = (not set)
tls_certcheck         = off
tls_force_sslv3       = off
tls_min_dh_prime_bits = (not set)
tls_priorities        = (not set)
auto_from             = on
maildomain            = (not set)
from                  = root
dsn_notify            = (not set)
dsn_return            = (not set)
keepbcc               = off
logfile               = /opt/rt3/var/log/msmtp.log
syslog                = (not set)
reading recipients from the command line and the mail

after this it will just sit there and never times out/etc. Can someone please help with this?

Thanks!