[msmtp-users] using msmtp with bellsouth.net

Has anyone had any success using msmtp to relay mail to bellsouth.net? I
have tried what I think is every obvious combination, but I still end up
getting errors.

Using a completely up to date gentoo:

   mail-mta/msmtp-1.4.7  USE="doc gnutls mailwrapper nls sasl ssl"

msmtp --version
   msmtp version 1.4.7
   TLS/SSL library: GnuTLS
   Authentication library: GNU SASL
   Supported authentication methods:
   plain cram-md5 digest-md5 external login
   IDN support: enabled
   NLS: enabled, LOCALEDIR is /usr/share/locale
   System configuration file name: /etc/msmtprc
   User configuration file name: /home/mdw/.msmtprc

/etc/msmtprc:

   account bellsouth
   host mail.bellsouth.net
   from ***@bellsouth.net
   #tls on
   #tls_starttls on
   auth plain
   user ***@bellsouth.net
   password ***
   account default : bellsouth

/home/mdw/.msmtprc is empty

I've tried all the login options, and tried tls on and off with all of
them. Turning tls_starttls on just times out, as bellsouth doesn't seem
to run a mail server on the secure port.

Thanks for any help, if anyone has gotten this to work.

Mike

--
Mike Weisenborn, Senior Partner
mw@...100... 770-886-0443 www.clearbuilt.com

Clearbuilt Technologies - consulting, development and education
for the real estate and construction industries