[msmtp-users] Build problem on Solaris

I'm trying to build msmtp on a Solaris 2.6 system, but I'm getting the
following compile error:-

    gcc  -g -O2   -o msmtp conf.o list.o msmtp.o  net.o netrc.o smtp.o stream.o  tools.o ../gnulib/libgnu.a -lposix4  -lsocket -lnsl
     hstrerror                           net.o
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to msmtp
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `msmtp'
    Current working directory /proj/chris/msmtp-1.4.10/src

Does anyone have any idea how to work around this?

--
Chris Green