[msmtp-users] connection to isp times out on port25 (isp says port is not blocked)

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting to my isp's smtp server to send mail. I get
the following error
msmtp: cannot connect to smtp.iprimus.com.au, port 25: Connection timed out

I am using smtp in combination with mutt, but have also tested it from the command line. I have also checked with my ISP that they are not blocking port 25 and they say they are not. I run a dual boot system NetBSD 3.0.1 and Win98, and have been able to send email using Eudora in Win98 (which sends by default on port 25 ) through the same ISP with no trouble Also I can retrieve mail OK using Fetchmail on the NetBSD system(from the same ISP) I just can't send it. I notice that the "domain" in the output of -pretend is "localhost" which is the hostname for my computer, if this is sent to the smtp server could it be the cause for the timeout?

Below is my .msmtprc , the output from -pretend and -serverinfo and the version I am using . I hope this information will help you give me a clue as to what I need to change. I have been fiddling about with the system for about 3 weeks now looking all over the internet for any clues as to the cause of this problem, and still cannot spot what I am missing,so any help is much appreciated! If the formatting of the various output looks a bit strange it is because I have improrted it into a Windows editor to be able to send it via email. Also the email addresses have AT replacing @ and the passwords are replaced with * .
Thanks Alasdair

.msmtprc

#set default values for all following acounts

defaults
tls off
tls_certcheck off
logfile ~/.msmtp.log
#

account alasdair
host smtp.iprimus.com.au
from alasdairATiprimus.com.au
user alasdair
password *
#

account avalonwammusic
host  smtp.iprimus.com.au
from avalonwammusicATiprimus.com.au
user avalonwammusic
password *

# Set a default account
account default : alasdair

Output for -pretend

loaded system configuration file /usr/pkg/etc/msmtprc
loaded user configuration file /home/alasdair/.msmtprc
using account default from /home/alasdair/.msmtprc
host            = smtp.iprimus.com.au
port            = 25
timeout         = off
protocol        = smtp
domain          = localhost
auth            = none
user            = alasdair
password        = *
ntlmdomain      = (not set)
tls             = off
tls_trust_file  = (not set)
tls_key_file    = (not set)
tls_cert_file   = (not set)
tls_starttls    = on
tls_certcheck   = off
auto_from       = off
maildomain      = (not set)
from            = alasdair@...95...
dsn_notify      = (not set)
dsn_return      = (not set)
keepbcc         = off
logfile         = /home/alasdair/.msmtp.log
syslog          = (not set)
reading recipients from the command line

Output of

$ msmtp --serverinfo --account=alasdair
msmtp: cannot connect to smtp.iprimus.com.au, port 25: Connection timed out

Version

msmtp version 1.4.5
NLS: disabled
TLS/SSL library: OpenSSL
Authentication library: built-in
Supported authentication methods:
plain cram-md5 external login
System configuration file name: /usr/pkg/etc/msmtprc
User configuration file name: /home/alasdair/.msmtprc