Re: [msmtp-users] No FROM Envelope address

Hi!

On Tue, 07. Mar 2006, 17:10:06 +0000, anon anon wrote:
> Hello.  All the emails I send out using msmtp have a blank FROM
> Envelope address.  Yes, I have auto_from configured in the global
> configuration file.

An envelope-from address does not appear anywhere in a mail. It is just
the mail address that is given with the MAIL FROM: SMTP command.
The last MTA (the one that delivers the mail, for example to a POP3 box)
then adds a new "Return-Path:" header line to the mail that contains the
envelope-from address.

So, in your example,
your envelope-from address seems to be bob@...41...

> Explicitly usig the 'From' header doesn't work either, as it only
> alters the 'Return-path' and not the Envelope header.

A "From:" header is unrelated to the envelope-from address (although it
often contains the same address). Setting a "From:" header should not
alter the envelope-from address (displayed in the "Return-Path:" header)
in any way. How do you set the "From:" header? And what do you mean with
"Envelope header"?

Best regards,
Martin