[mpop-users] filter: how to tell mpop to stop retrieving message headers?

Hi,

Firstly, thank you very much for developing mpop, it is a great tool.

I have a mpop filter script that examines each message (old and new) on the
server and deletes them based on how old they are. For instance, messages
successfully retrieved by mpop and that are 30 days old or more are killed.

This approach has been working very well so far, but I would like optimize it.
I have observed that usually only the first chunk of messages are considered
too old and so they are killed; the remaining, which represent a much bigger
set, are just skipped (not too old to be deleted). Thus, I would like to tell
mpop to stop retrieving other message headers as soon I notice that no message
is being deleted anymore.

Is that possible or I would need a radical approach such as killing the mpop
instance? If this is not possible yet, I suggest adding a fourth return code in
the filter command which would tell mpop to stop retrieving new headers.

Best,

--
Douglas A. Augusto