Re: [mpop-users] CAPA woes

Tim Small wrote:
or if I just leave the auth string blank.... The server does appear to support plain authentication tho' - if I telnet into it, I can issue USER and PASS commands manually.....

OK, so it seems I had plain and user authentication methods mixed up.... Unfortunately, the ISP of the charity that I'm configuring these boxes for only supports USER and APOP auth, and not over SSL/TLS either! It would be cool if the docs could say that the "apop" and "user" auth methods are the lowest common denominator...

Maybe it would be useful if there was an "allow_insecure_auth=yes" type configuration parameter, which tried to use secure auth methods, but then fell back to insecure ones in a least-bad-first manner?

If this was not chosen, then the docs could indicate this... Should I submit a documentation patch?

Cheers,

Tim.