[mpop-users] CAPA woes

Hello,

As far as I can tell, mpop support for servers which don't support the CAPA command isn't working (see below). nmap says that it thinks this particular pop3 server is running qmail pop3d... It is, however, quite possible that I'm doing something wrong, as I haven't used mpop before.

Thanks,

Tim.

tim@...15...:~/compile/mpop-cvs/mpop$ ./src/mpop --version
mpop version 1.0.12
TLS/SSL library: GnuTLS
Authentication library: GNU SASL; user and apop: built-in
Supported authentication methods:
user apop plain cram-md5 digest-md5 gssapi external login
IDN support: enabled
NLS: enabled, LOCALEDIR is /usr/local/share/locale

Copyright (C) 2007 Martin Lambers and others.
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
tim@...15...:~/compile/mpop-cvs/mpop$ ./src/mpop test2 -d
using account test2 from /home/tim/.mpoprc
host            = mail.goalireland.com
port            = 110
timeout         = 180 seconds
pipelining      = off
auth            = choose
user            = test2@...16...
password        = *
ntlmdomain      = (not set)
tls             = off
tls_starttls    = off
tls_trust_file  = (not set)
tls_key_file    = (not set)
tls_cert_file   = (not set)
tls_certcheck   = on
tls_force_sslv3 = off
delivery        = maildir /var/mail/vhosts/goalireland.com/test2/
uidls file = /home/tim/.mpop_uidls/test2@...17...
only_new        = on
keep            = off
killsize        = off
skipsize        = off
filter          = (not set)
<-- +OK <21084.1198692677@...18...>
--> CAPA
<-- -ERR authorization first
mpop: cannot use a secure authentication method
mpop: error during mail retrieval (account test2 from /home/tim/.mpoprc)