Re: [msmtp-users] Feedback on feature request: sending over local socket?

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Martin Lambers <marlam@...23...> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Bastien Roucaries suggested to add an option "--socket" to allow sending
> mail over a local socket (aka UNIX domain socket). His suggested
> application was having that socket forwarded over ssh, possibly
> automated via systemd; he prefers local sockets for this purpose because
> they allow better access control than TCP sockets.

I should add I will maitain it and add precommand and postcommand if
needed in order to create ssh tunnel.

The best about socket is socket activation, that is system will
automagically open the tunnel for you prompting for password (using
pinentry and ssh agent) if needed.

This is really nice in a roadwarrior context