Re: [msmtp-users] Mutt with vacation (auto replay) setup

Hi Marcelo,

> I have mutt + msmtp + offlineimap setup in my Debian box.
>
> I have been installed vacation (apt-get install vacation) and have configured
> it.
>
> My .forward file is like this:
>
> \marcelo, marcelolaia@...20..., "|/usr/bin/vacation -a dirpos marcelo

Vacation will not work with offlineimap (so nothing to do with msmtp) as it
requires a MDA in order to function. The forward file never gets read by
offlineimap so vacation never sees the message and therefore your auto
reply never gets sent.

The way to set this up is to use:

email provider --> getmail --> maildrop (or procmail/MDA) --> vacation --> msmtp

But this setup won't sync between devices.

Regards,
spaceman