[msmtp-users] Announcing msmtp-scripts: An enhanced rewrite of msmtpq

Hi all,

Just FYI, I have been using the results of a project
( https://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp-scripts/ ) I created on
SourceForce, borrowing a small amount of code from msmtpq, but mostly
rewritten.

The main purpose of this code is to

1) Enhance the use of msmtp as a minimal system MTA (sendmail command)
with queuing and reattempts at delivery (up to a maximum period of time;
currently I default to four days.
2) Add support for e.g. Thunderbird via msmtp by adding sendmail -bs
compatible SMTP protocol on stdin/stdout AND adding inet/xinetd or
systemd sockets to support a minimal SMTP server.  This would be
somewhat silly except for 3) below.
3) Add a feature in which any mail sent (by default only for mail via
SMTP server) is put in the hold queue until released.  Additionally
there is the option to prevent releasing from hold for a set period of
time (I used this to give myself the opportunity to rethink emails that
really shouldn't be sent, or which at least should be reworked).

I have also created sample debian-like packagin and have a PPA
( https://launchpad.net/~dfc-d/+archive/ubuntu/misc ) with the results.
I intend to add .rpm and .apk samples as well although I'm not sure of
hosting for those (maybe as manually installable files available on
sourceforge rather than the .deb case of via apt).

Regards,

Daniel