Re: [msmtp-users] Why msmtp in trouble when Gmail set to "Disable access for less secure apps"?

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...186...> wrote:
On 01.05.16 21:50, Christian Seberino wrote:
>Google accounts like Gmail have an option to disable access for less secure
>apps.

what exactly does that mean in google settings?
doesn't that exclude apps without 2-step verification?

Matus

Google is vague about what it means.....

"Google may block sign-in attempts from some apps or devices that do not use modern security standards. "

That is frustrating because it ends up just scaring people into using Google products!!!  I don't
think it requires 2 step auth because Gmail works fine without that.  I don't know how to modify
msmtp to make Google happy but that will end up scaring a lot of users if we don't figure it out.

cs