[msmtp-users] msmtp-offline -- Another alternative to msmtpq

Hi,

I tried using msmtpq for offline use on my Mac, and found that the script has a couple of platform dependencies (ping command line options, for instance) and even with those fixed, has issues with connection tests which Allen mentioned here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/msmtp/mailman/message/33502912/

(Sounds like at least some of these have been fixed in the latest version though, but Homebrew on Mac has still not pulled in the latest code.)

In any case, I also have a couple of other requirements:

- I use msmtp with multiple accounts and while on VPN to my office network, and depending on where I am, I sometimes want my personal mail to get queued but my office mail to get sent out immediately, etc.  The connection tests in msmtpq are all-or-nothing right now, while I need the queue manager to try connecting to the appropriate SMTP server before deciding whether to queue or send each email.

- I need the queued mail to get flushed as soon as I get back online, and not stay in the queue (as seems to be the case with msmtpq currently) until I send another email.

Wrote a replacement Ruby script which does these and a couple of other things.  It also has some basic queue management features, though not as comprehensive as msmtpq.  The script is available here:
https://github.com/venkytv/msmtp-offline

Maybe some of you might find it useful.

Cheers,
Venky.