Re: [msmtp-users] PATCH: bind to source IP

On 12.03.15 17:18, G H wrote:
It does appear additional work is needed to make it go out the correct
interface.  I only tested with IP aliases (eth0:2, eth0:3), where the
default route is out eth0.

excuse me, how does this differ from what I have said below?
because this is exactly what I said and was already mentioned before.
However, very hard to achieve without binding the source address.

----- Original Message -----
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...186...>
To: msmtp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [msmtp-users] PATCH: bind to source IP

how will people care about outgoing interface is their business.
Yes, it's not always so easy as it seems, however it's easy doable with
source-routing and binding local outgoing IP is the easiest way for msmtp
(and other programs) to help with that.

so, while binding to source IP will not cause packets to go from different
interface by itself, it's needed for it to be done.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer