Re: [msmtp-users] pymsmtpq - yet another msmtp queue script

Hi Martin,

>> Yes, there's clearly something wrong with the msmtpq script that is
>> shipping with msmtp.  See this thread for discussion.
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/msmtp/mailman/message/31354734/
>>
>> I've pinged folks a few times over the last couple years, but nothing
>> has happened re getting the "current" version of the script attached
>> in that thread committed.
>
> Yes, this situation is bad. I honestly forgot about the problems. The
> whole scripts/ subdirectory in the msmtp source is in bad shape.
>
> What can we do about it?

I have been using the version of msmtpq attached by Chris in that thread
for about 18 months with no problems (in my use-case at least).

So in the short term, I think committing that version to the git and
then putting it in the next release is the way to go.

> Should we remove the subdirectory and place links to useful scripts
> into the documentation instead?
>
> Is someone willing to really maintain the scripts, or at least msmtpq?

If they are effectively maintained, then I agree that it would make
sense to instead link to them in the documentation.

Best,
Josiah