Re: [msmtp-users] from header domain not set when using msmtp with cron

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:39:32 -0400, Chris Purves wrote:
> I'm having problems with the output of cron jobs.  cron sets the From
> header as root, but does not include the domain.  My email is then
> rejected because it doesn't include a proper email address in the
> From header.

Is the mail rejected because of the From header, or because of the
envelope from address? What's the error message you get?

If you really need a different From header, then you need to configure
cron to generate one - msmtp only sends the mail, it does not care
about its contents. If cron cannot be configured in this way,
you could use procmail.

Martin