[msmtp-users] msmtp does not exit

Hi there,

I am having issues with sending a message from the terminal to the
SMTP server of my ISP. Have tried to search for the behavior, to
little avail.

The problem: The command does not seem to stop. No error, and if I
CTRL+C msmtp, it keeps on running in the background. I seem to have
established a valid connection to the remote smtp-server, but not
much happens after that. No errors on console, none in
logfile/syslog.

I am a bit lost as how to continue. Hope someone can point me in the
right direction.

Below the relevant files and commands, let me know if there would be
anything else of interest. Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

	Joep

$ msmtp --version
msmtp version 1.4.27
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu
TLS/SSL library: GnuTLS
Authentication library: GNU SASL
Supported authentication methods:
plain scram-sha-1 cram-md5 gssapi external digest-md5 login
IDN support: enabled
NLS: enabled, LOCALEDIR is /usr/share/locale
Keyring support: Gnome
System configuration file name: /etc/msmtprc
User configuration file name: /home/joep/.msmtprc

$ cat test.mail