[msmtp-users] forcing TLS during cross compile to embedded system

Hi all,

I have an issue with msmtp talking to the telus mail system in Canada.

I get an error message that reports "empty packet receivd" and ends with
error "EX_PROTOCOL".

Due to the "empty" packets and knowledge that this ISP was blacklist a few
time last year leads me to believe that they're only allowing TLS access.

When cross compiling for the embedded ARM system configure reports that
TLS will not be compiled in.  I guess it can't find the libraries (it's
being built on a PC to run on the embedded system).

I tried the configure option "--with-ssl=openssl" and it still reports
that TLS will not be compiled in.  The embedded system does have the
opnssl libraries installed.

How do you configure the cross compile build to compile in the TLS support
and use the openssl libraries in the target ?.

TIA,
Peter