[msmtp-users] msmtp status update

Hi all!

Currently, msmtp HEAD adds the passwordeval functionality, a few
adjustments to the pretend/debug modes, and the usual gnulib update.

I'd like to release version 1.4.22 in a week or so. If you know of any
unfixed problems, or if you would like to see any further changes before
the next release, please speak up.

The 1.4.x series is now more than 5 years old, and the rate of changes
has decreased steadily over time. In fact, currently I'm only reacting
on the occasional bug report and integrate new features only when
someone writes a patch. And it has become harder to find the time to do
that lately, resulting in unduly long reaction times.

Judging from the number of downloads, the number of subscribers to this
list (> 90), the number of relatively recent blog posts about msmtp, and
the fact that msmtp is included in many software collections (from major
Linux distributions to small special purpose packages), it seems that
msmtp is in relatively wide use for such a special purpose program.
I therefore hope to find some help with maintaining and developing msmtp.

If you would like to see more development activity, with more active
tests, documentation improvements, cleanups, and feature additions,
please consider to help.

Best regards,
Martin

PS: I'm sending an almost identical status update to the mpop mailing
list <http://mpop.sf.net/>, because mpop shares most of its source code
with msmtp and is essentially in the same situation, although it
probably has fewer users.