[msmtp-users] pre-connect?

I currently use esmtp's preconnect functionality to ssh to my work's mail
server and send out email. They use SPF so I can't spoof and they don't
support remote SMTP connections. The ssh tunnel works fine and I have been
happy with it. But now I'm looking to switch MTAs due to unrelated
problems.

msmtp looks almost perfect except for the lack of pre-connect like
functionality to establish the ssh tunnel for the smtp connection. I can't
seem to find it in the docs but thought I'd check here in case I missed it
or if someone had some alternative approach they could suggest.

Thanks.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@...230... - http://zhar.net]