Re: [msmtp-users] patch msmtp to add custom header

On 17.02.09 18:34, Robert Thorsby wrote:
> I often include extra headers in my scripts.
>
> If the first paragraph (ie, up to the first blank line) contains only
> headers then msmtp will treat them as such. You can use this to add "X"
> headers, Message-Ids etc and to expand the To and From headers (ie,
> js@...45... as the recipient in the command line can be expanded to
> "John Smith <js@...45...>" in the first paragraph of headers).

I can not expect any scripts that calls msmtp (sendmail) to push that
header. I need msmtp to appent/prepend it.

I've been used patched ssmtp to do this. I would like to switch to msmtp
because of ability using $HOME/.msmtprc for configuring smtp servers,
authentication etc. I have some other problems passing some env variables to
it (suexec,PHP like to drop'em all), but currently it partially works.
I now need the extra header.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]