[msmtp-users] Feature request: MX lookups

I am currently using Postfix on my laptop to send out emails, and would
like to switch to msmtp. There is one feature that's missing that I'd
like though, and that's supporting MX lookups for the "host" parameter,
as well as standard A/CNAME lookups.

Reasons:
 1. I like to use a couple of different mail relays, and currently
    support these with MX records, which lets me give them different
    priorities

 2. If I have "mail.example.com" having MXs eg "mx1.example.com" and
    "mx2.example.com" those two hosts do not have to both present a
    certificate for "mail.example.com" in order to pass certificate
    sanity checking, they can have different certificates using their
    individual canonical names

I had a look at adding such support myself, but the major stumbling
block is that I don't have Windows systems to test on. Would a patch be
useful anyway?

-Mary