From: webmaster@...38...
Sent: None
To: fred@...38...
Subject: My subject line

Apparently, this does not happen when using sendmail.

Am I correct in thinking that both php and perl mail() functions simply
send an email to the sendmail binary (in my case, a link to msmtp) which
then sends off the mail (and no MUAs are involved)?

If this is the case, and if this problem didn't happen with sendmail, then
would it be possible to somehow configure msmtp to send the date field?

Best regards,

- liberte