[msmtp-users] Diffie Hellman prime sent by the server is not acceptable

As a preface, is there a way to configure msmtp to bounce emails that
have failed transmission?  Right now I have to resort to checking the
logfile if it seems an outgoing mail has vanished.  I use msmtp with
Mutt (version 1.5.16)

So, on to the main question, what is the meaning of this error message I
suddenly began to receive one day?

Oct 26 12:10:23 host=smtp.umr.edu tls=on auth=on user=xxx
from=xxx@...129... recipients=xxy@...129... errormsg='TLS handshake
failed: The Diffie Hellman prime sent by the server is not acceptable
(not long enough).' exitcode=EX_PROTOCOL

msmtp version 1.4.13

account umr
host smtp.umr.edu
from xxx@...129...