[msmtp-users] timeout setting has no effect on --serverinfo command

Hi,

We are trying to use:
msmtp --host=smtp_server_adress --serverinfo
to get a verification of the settings a user does in the GUI.
If a user enters a wrong setting we want the verification to timeout or return an error code.
We have set the timeout flag to 10 ( which I understand is 10 seconds) .

But if, as an example, the port the user has set isn't open for smtp on the network, this will hang the client forever.
Doesn't the timeout affect the --serverinfo command?
Are there any better way to test a SMTP setting without sending a testmail?

/Rodge