[msmtp-users] "mail" command wrapper for msmtp or sendmail?

Hello.

Many scripts and system monitoring tools expect to use the "mail"
command/MUA and its syntax rather than directly invoking the "sendmail"
command.  I'm wondering if there is a program, following the same type
of philosophy as msmtp, which provides a "mail" executable that just
wraps msmtp or the "sendmail" command?

I find solutions like mailx/nail to be far more heavyweight than what
I'm looking for.  I absolutely don't need a full-fledged MTA/MUA, just
a frontend to msmtp that takes input from programs that expect to call
"mail" and in turn calls msmtp/"sendmail".

Thanks!