Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp-users Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

> On Google Groups (lucky.freebsd.test), I see 5 test messages from you.
> Some seem to have been delayed. Are you sure that some are missing?
>
> As soon as the SMTP server accepts a mail from msmtp, it is his
> responsibility to deliver it. The job of the SMTP client is done.
> You may get return messages saying that your mails could not be
> delivered. Depending on the configuration of the MTAs involved, this
> can take some time.
>
> Martin

Thanks for your response.
I am sorry, it was my mistake.
Several months ago, I config them as

auth login

Then I tried sending to freebsd-test@...107...
I was sure that several mails were not delivered there.
But I could still send to any other recipients without any problem.
So that time I thought that problem should have come from freebsd server.

Recently few days ago
I tried to send mails to some mailing list.
Again I found the same problem, the mails were not delivered.
I started to suspect my configuration, after reading man pages.
So I changed my config.

auth on

But my mails were not delivered to those mailing list including msmtp-users.
Now I learned that subscription is required, in order to send to the list.
After subscription I can send mails to anywhere.
But delay might come into occurence e.g. freebsd-test for example.

So I would say ``auth on'' and never use ``auth login''.

Thanks you very much
Pongthep Kulkrisada