Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp send only blank mails.

It probably means that cron sent 21 bytes through sendmail, and sendmail
(which really is msmtp) returned an exit status of 0x0040 = 64 decimal =
EX_USAGE (command line usage error). I wonder which options vixie-cron
uses to call the sendmail binary. msmtp should understand all sendmail
options, but maybe I missed something.

... OK, I just checked the vixie-cron sources, and it seems that
vixie-cron uses the -F option of sendmail to set the real name of the
sender to "CronDaemon". msmtp does not yet understand this option.

I will add "support" for this option in the next version: msmtp will
silently ignore it, because it can do nothing meaningful with this
information.

Until then, you could change the vixie-cron sources to avoid the -F
option (you're a Gentoo user, right? :) Remove the "-FCronDaemon" from line 44 in file config.h and recompile
the thing.

Hi

I edit the config.h and recompiled vixie-cron... and now it works great :)

Thx u for looking in the vixie-cron code and find this solution :) really nice!

I can also send you a patch for msmtp as soon as I have one so that you
can patch your local msmtp version, if you like.

Regards,
Martin

Thx but it works good with this solution and i can wait for the next release...

greetz malon3