[msmtp-users] Re: Wrapper for msmtp. Writes a mail to procmail on failure

 I think you can have a system like the php program I have sent, inside msmtp itslef. You can just call whatever is their mail-sorting agent with a message and the error message. Tracking the log files is very difficult task, especially if you are sending 50-60 mails every day. Just have a configuration that will allow users to have a program that will called in case of error (Most likely procmail).

  If you have that you can confidently set the send-mail-wait option in mutt to -1, and the mutt will return instantly after executing msmtp. You don't need to bother whether the mail sent was successful or not, since you will get a neat message in your error-mesage mbox if mail sending fails.

 thanks.