Re: [msmtp-users] alliases

On Fri, 15. Jul 2005, 09:36:42 +0200, Michał Panasiewicz wrote:
> I want mail coming to the local account to get forwarded to the remote
> one.

Sorry, I misunderstood your first mail.

It would be possible to add an "aliases" command and "--aliases" option
that specify an alias file to use, and activate alias expansion at the
same time.  I think it would not be a good idea to read
/etc/mail/aliases by default, because this file might be used by a real
MTA and thus cause conflicts. msmtp could only understand simple address
aliases anyway, no pipes or file names. If msmtp is used as a minimal
MTA replacement, one could place the command "aliases /etc/mail/aliases"
into the system configuration file.
Once the file is read, it would be easy to do alias expansion on each
address in the recipient list.

Patches are welcome!

Regards,
Martin