Re: [mpop-users] Question about spam mailbox

Hello!

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 20:22:32 +0200, Gabor Sturm wrote:
> The program perfectly gets the content of the input
> mailbox from a pop3 server (freemail.hu). But what if I'd like to
> retrieve the emails from the spam box too? Sometimes important emails
> land into that box.
>
> How to configure the application?

The POP3 protocol does not know about different mail folders (INBOX,
SPAM, ...). This is a limitation of the protocol itself; mpop cannot
change that.

There are two possibilities:
1) Your freemail provider allows you to configure the mail folders that
are visible via POP3. In this case, activate all folders you want to
access with mpop.
2) To access different folders inside your mail box, use the IMAP
protocol, which has built-in support for this. Mpop does not support
IMAP, so you would need to use a different program.

Regards,
Martin