Re: [mpop-users] Problems trying to get mpop to talk to Exchange 2007.

Hello Danny!

On 12/10/11 15:10, Danny Carroll wrote:
> I am trying to get mpop to grab all messages from a pop account and save
> them to a local directory for offline processing.
> In the session below you will notice that the USER command is without a
> username.  I was just wondering if it was something obvious (to you)
> that I did or if it is some kind of bug.
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback.   Thanks.

This looks like a username/password mismatch.

The single 'USER' on a line is not a command. All lines starting with
'-->' are sent by mpop, and all lines starting with '<--' are sent by
the server. The USER line just means that the server tells mpop that it
supports USER/PASS authentication.

Martin