Re: [mpop-users] take $user from netrc

On 04-25 22:02, Martin Lambers wrote:
The user argument is neccessary in both mpoprc and msmtprc. Can't that be made optional there and be taken from netrc? Right now I have to update all three files when this changes. I also need to adjust cert changes in both config files. What do you think about some kind of extended netrc for shared entries of both mpop and msmtp?
Is this really a problem? These things do not change more often than every few years, do they?

Making $user optional should be really easy. Or is it mandatory for a reason?

The second one is rather an enhancement. But I update these things more frequently than "every few years". The passwort day luckily happens in netrc, but adjusting tls_fingerprint needs to be done in both msmtprc and mpoprc. Just saying, a modulatiry would feel more unixy, too.

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung