firstname.lastname@example.org (OpenPGP key)
I am a researcher at the Computer Graphics Group, University of Siegen. My research topics include various aspects of Virtual Reality, Scientific Visualization, Sensor Simulation, and Real-Time Rendering. See my publication list at Google Scholar. Several pre-print versions of otherwise paywalled publications are available.
I write and maintain several software projects. Some are related to my interests in Computer Graphics, some are completely different, but all are free software.
- Mail: small but powerful utilities to send and receive mail
- Multimedia: graphics, video, visualization, virtual reality, etc.
- Bino - 3D video player with multi-display support
- QVR - Virtual Reality abstraction library with sample applications
- gencolormap - Color map generator for scientific visualization
- Utilities: miscellaneous
- libgta and gtatool - Library and tools for a powerful array-based file format
- mucalc - Convenient calculator for the command line
- glinf - Info about OpenGL/GLES version and features
- Experimental: playground for interesting concepts, not necessarily useful
- Webcam Head Tracker - Webcam-based 6DOF head tracking without markers
- glfract - GPU-based fractal set explorer with special precision modes
- Research: software written for specific research projects or publications
- ECM - Planetary-scale terrain rendering and data visualization
- camsim - Simulation of RGB and Time-of-Flight depth cameras
- pmdsim - Simulation of PMD depth cameras (obsolete, superseded by camsim)
- Inactive projects: stalled or obsolete